Please consider supporting Portsmouth Northsea by volunteering your time/skills to help support with the smooth running of the club and our competitions. There are just so many ways you can help us!
Squad liaison officers – can you help your coach distribute news and keep the rest of the squad up-to-date on competitions and changes to training? If this sounds like something you could help with please let us know!
Do you have fundraising skills or are you willing to help fundraise for the club?
Are you a DJ? Could you provide a disco once a year free of charge for our Club Championships Awards Ceremony or a Christmas Disco?
Do you have marketing skills – could you help promote the club and get sponsorship?
Are you a printer? Could you provide some free printing for our meet programmes or fliers?
If you think you have some skills that could help please CLICK HERE TO EMAIL US! OR pop into the Northsea office for a chat OR stop and chat to one of our Committee Members you can often find us at the Mountbatten Centre!
We also have a Committee of volunteers that help with running the club. We currently need TWO COMMITTEE MEMBERS to join our enthusiastic committee. If you have time to support the club consistently on a regular basis please EMAIL US
There are just so many ways you can help, even if it is just one hour a week or sporadically at meets:
MEETS - all our meets need your help to run them -
The Meet Volunteer roles are varied and include the following:
- Meet Manager - ensure the smooth management of the meet and volunteers
- Announcer – public address system announcements during the meet on health and safety, meet and race information
- Recorders - to manage the collation and distribution of start sheets and results
- Runners – photocopying and posting results in the viewing areas
- Door Money & Programme Sales – collecting entrance money and selling programmes
- Marshall / Steward - making sure the swimmers get to their race and correct lane on time
- Raffle Organiser – organising a raffle & prizes, selling raffle tickets
- Medal table – handing out medals to the swimmers
- Security – to ensure poolside and changing room security
If you are fairly new to competitive swimming you may have seen the many Officials in white who run the event. These Officials are also volunteers and usually start as unqualified timekeepers. PNSC regularly run time keeping courses and can support with Officials courses for parents. Like the Swimming Coaches, Officials progress through the ranks – from qualified timekeeper, to chief timekeeper, judge, starter and possibly all the way through to refereeing if you’re good at it and enjoy it.
The Officials roles include:
- Official Timekeeper
- Official Judge
- Official Starter
- Official Referee
More information on Officials roles and the training required can be found HERE
It’s not just parents who can help run the club and meets. We actively encourage our swimmers from age 14 – 18 to take an interest in volunteering, please talk to your Coach about the opportunities available.