SPRING SHORT COURSE LEVEL 2 OPEN MEET
Saturday 6th April 2019- Sunday 7th April 2019
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES – CLOSED
This is a target meet for JUNIOR PERFORMANCE only
Swimmers from Senior Performance / Potential 1 please discuss with your coach.
1. The Meet will be held under Swim England Laws and Regulations and FINA Technical Rules of Racing and has been licensed Level 2 [2SW190483] by Swim England.
2. All entries must be made on the understanding that the promoter’s conditions are accepted.
3. All Competitors must be members of an affiliated club, registered with Swim England, Swim Scotland (SASA) or Swim Wales (WASA) and may compete in the name of one club only.
4. Lower limit Qualifying Times apply to this competition. The Promoter reserves the right to accept or reject entries on the basis of the Qualifying Times having been achieved. In order for the event to run smoothly entries may be restricted, any entry not accepted due to a restriction on numbers being imposed by the Promoter will have the entry fee refunded in full. There are also consideration times that may be used if there are spaces in events in order to ensure a full meet.
5. If space allows consideration time entries will be accepted for selected events and all entries will only be processed when full payment has been received by Swim Bournemouth. If the meet is oversubscribed a list of rejected swimmers and refund will be provided by bank transfer direct to the club that entered the swimmer or to the individual in the case of individual entries after the event concludes. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after the closing date.
6. Awards will be made for the top three in each age group: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 over.
7. Entry times should be those for a 25m pool, conversions of Long Course time are necessary. Entry times must have been achieved in a licensed meet and the meet organisers will spot check entries against the GB Swimming Rankings. They reserve the right to reject entries if such times are not listed. Ages at 7th April 2019. All events will be HDW. Entry times must have been achieved in the 12-month period prior to 7th April 2019.
8. Entries for clubs with over 5 swimmers competing must be made electronically using the HyTek meet management software. Unless arranged and agreed in advance with the Meet organiser, entries must reach the Meet Entries Officer; email@example.com) on or before midnight on 10th March 2019. No late entries will be accepted, except as in Condition 21. All accepted entries will be notified via email and published on the website. Entries for single club entries should be made by individual entry form and must be received by the same date.
9. Entry fees are £6.50 per event, this includes the levy per accepted entry made by Swim England for licensed events. Coaches passes (maximum 4 per club) are £20.00 each and include a program per pass and one full set of results per club, which will be emailed. Where clubs wish to bring a large team, and in order to comply with the Swim England supervision guidelines, require additional coaches to attend the meet organiser should be contacted regarding additional coaches passes.
10. Entries and results for this Meet will be held on computer. As required by the Data Protection Act 2018 submission of entries implies consent to the holding of personal information on computer. These details may be made public before, during or after the Meet.
11. There will be no entry cards or signing sheets except for 400m events where competitors will be expected to sign in 30 minutes prior to the start of the session. Swimmers who fail to sign in 30 minutes before the start of each session including the 400m events will be removed from the event and may be unable to swim.
12. Withdrawals will be accepted up to 72 hours prior to the event for medical reasons and evidence will be required to enable refunds to be processed.
13. Entries will be seeded into heats based on entry times; the slowest heats will be swum first.
14. Swimmers must report to the heat marshalling area one event prior to their own.
15. Only Swimmers, Coaches, Personal Attendants with a pass and Officials will be allowed on poolside during the Meet. Coaches in possession of a coach pass are allowed on poolside during warm ups. Any Coach without a pass will be asked to leave the poolside or to purchase an extra pass. Wet swimmers are not allowed in the spectator area.
16. Anyone wishing to use a camera, mobile phone camera, or video camera, should adhere to the Swim England guidelines on the use of images and restrict to their own child and their own private use with no posting on social media or similar platforms. You are reminded that Flash photograph is NOT permitted at the start of any heat.
16a. A secondary strobe is available for use throughout the meet for swimmers who require it. Swimmers must state on entry if they will want use of the strobe.
17. Professional photography may be in place during the open meet. If any swimmer DOES NOT wish to be photographed they must opt out by ticking the relevant box on the entry form.
18. Neither the promoters nor BHLive accept any liability for any loss or damage to personal belongings.
19. Any matter not covered by these conditions shall be decided at the promoter’s discretion if not covered by ASA Laws or FINA Technical Rules.
20. Names, license number and qualifications of officials who wish to volunteer must be included with the meet entry and on the official request form. Drinks will be available for all officials and food will be provided for those officials who volunteer to work all day. For those volunteering in every session each day expenses can be offered to a maximum of £25 or claimed at 25p per mile, whichever is less.
21. If the meet is undersubscribed Late entries may be taken before Sunday 17th March 2019, should spaces be available, but will be at the discretion of the organiser. All late entries must comply with the meet Consideration Times and preference will be given to entries meeting the Qualifying Times. Entries will be accepted based on the times submitted with payment made at the time of entry.
22. A swim down pool will be provided and will be available for swimmers to use during the meet and will close at the end of each session. It will not be available for use during the warm-up period when only the main pool will be in use. Coaches are asked to remind their swimmers to respect this facility and use it for the intended purpose. The Meet organisers reserve the right to withdraw the facility should it be misused.
23. If the meet is undersubscribed or for any other reason, the promoters reserve the right to cancel the meet or amend the swimming programme in order to allow the competition to go ahead (e.g. merge sessions 1 & 2 and / or 4 & 5). In the event of cancellation all entry fees paid will be refunded.
24. A top visiting club trophy will be awarded based on the accumulation of points scored. Where a draw has occurred the most 1st places will be used to determine the winner. A Fastest swim trophy for Top Boy and Top Girl will be awarded based on the highest achieved FINA points over the weekend.