Portsmouth Northsea May Sprint Meet 2018
Level 3 Meet
Sunday 20th May 2018
CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
** Important Notice **
We are very disappointed to have to advise that the centre boom of the Mountbatten Pool is broken due to motor failure. Spare parts have been purchased but unfortunately the come from overseas and the repairs won’t be able to be completed until the week after our Sprint Meet. This means BH Live are unable to lower the boom for a 50m pool comfiguration. We have therefore taken the decision to continue with the meet but run it as a SHORT COURSE (25m) event. We appreciate this is disappointing but we are still looking forward to offering a great day of racing.
FREE PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD: Please print out at home!
a limited number of programmes will also be available to buy on the day
Session 1 – warm up 08.30 to 09.10 Start 09.20
Session 2 – warm up 12:00 to 12:40 Start 12:50
Session 3 – warm up 15:00 to 15:40 Start 15:50
(warm up will be 20 minutes each for girls & boys)
Warm down lanes - There will be two lanes of POOL A available for warm down during the meet. We request that the coaches help ensure that this is used appropriately or it may be withdrawn.
Poolside Access - In line with the Swim England safeguarding regulations only coaches with poolside passes, officials & designated meet helpers are allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms. Can we request that all parents wait for their swimmers in the café or entrance foyer.
Health & safety - All meet participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at the Mountbatten Centre. Swimmers must wear footwear when leaving the poolside and be fully clothed on the balcony and in the café
Backstroke ledges will be available for use at this meet. However if the swimmers don’t wish to use them please let the time keepers know.
For all officials unfamiliar with the use of backstroke ledges their will be a demonstration of how to use them on poolside at 8.30am ( the start of the 1st warm up)
1) The competition is an open and will be swum under ASA Laws and ASA Technical Rules. The promoter is Portsmouth Northsea Swimming Club.
2) Venue: The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
3) UPDATE 11 May 2018 – this meet will now be short course.
Pool: 8 Lane 25 metre pool, with electronic timing and anti-turbulence lane ropes. Electronic timing will be in use. Swimmers must not leave the pool by climbing over the time pads. At the referees discretion we reserve the right to use over the top starts
4) The competition will be open to age groups 9/10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15+. Ages will be at midnight Sunday 20th May 2018
5) Qualifying Standards: Upper qualifying times only will apply. All swimmers who are slower or have no times are eligible to enter. The promoters reserve the right to exclude any swimmer from an event if it is found they have a faster time on the ASA Rankings, since 1st May 2017. If space is available time trials may be accepted at the promotor’s discretion.
6) This is a first come, first served meet. The promoter reserves the right to limit entries if the meet is over subscribed.
Open Date for Entries: 1800 hours Friday 6th April 2018.
Closing Date: 1800 hours Friday 27th April 2018
8) Entry Fee: The entry fee is £6 for all 50s, 100s. All club paper entries will incur a £10 administration fee and Individual paper entries will be charged an administration fee of 50p per event.
PORTSMOUTH NORTHSEA SWIMMERS ONLY: