Portsmouth Northsea End of Season Meet
Long Course Level 3 Meet
14th and 15th July 2018
Venue: The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
Pool: 8 Lane 50 metre pool, with electronic timing and anti-turbulance lane ropes and OSB14 RBD starting blocks with backstroke ledges.
1st come 1st served meet
CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
Pleare ensure you check the helpers list – any issues with providing the requested help you MUST inform us – email email@example.com
PN EOS meet session times & details
Saturday 14th July
Session 1 – Warm up 11.20 to 12:00, start 12:10,
Session 2 – Warm up 15:30 to 16:10, start 16.20 (10 min break after event 12 if the session is scheduled to exceed 3 hours)
Sunday 15th July
Session 3 – Warm up 08:40 to 09:20, start 09:30
Session 4 – warm up 12:30 to 13:10, start 13:20
Withdrawals- So that we don’t run the meet with empty lanes could swimmers who wish to withdraw please contact us. Withdrawals can be made up until 1800 via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on Friday 13th July 2018. After this time withdrawals must be made on the official withdrawal forms which can be found in the coaches’ packs and technical office.
Poolside Access – In line with the Swim England safeguarding recommendations only coaches with poolside passes, officials & designated meet helpers are allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms. Can we request that all parents wait for their swimmers in the café or entrance foyer.
Warm down pool –The learner pool will be available for warm down during the meet. We request that the coaches help ensure that this is used appropriately or it may be withdrawn.
Health & safety – All meet participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at the Mountbatten Centre. Swimmers must wear footwear when leaving the poolside and be clothed on the balcony and in the café.
Bags- It will be very crowded on poolside so we request that swimmers only bring small bags onto poolside and use the lockers in the changing rooms.
PNSC SWIMMERS ONLY:
1) The competition is an open and will be swum under ASA Laws and ASA Technical Rules. The promoter is Portsmouth Northsea Swimming Club.
2) Venue: The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
3) Pool: 8 Lane 50 metre pool, with electronic timing and anti-turbulence lane ropes. Electronic timing will be in use. Swimmers must not leave the pool by climbing over the time pads. At the referees discretion we reserve the right to use over the top starts
4) The competition will be open to age groups 9/10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15+. Ages will be at midnight Sunday 15th July 2018.
5) Qualifying Standards: Upper qualifying times only will apply. All swimmers who are slower or have no times are eligible to enter. The promoters reserve the right to exclude any swimmer from an event if it is found they have a faster time on the ASA Rankings, since 1st June 2017. If space is available time trials may be accepted at the promotor’s discretion.