Portsmouth Northsea Easter Meet 2019
Long Course Level 1 Meet
Thursday 18th to Sunday 21st April 2019
License number 1SE190069
Closing Date: CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED THE MEET.
RESULTS were sent to Rankings for inclusion to British Swimming rankings immediately after the meet on Sunday evening at 18:30 – as British Swimming will process them in order of receipt tomorrow.
FREE PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD
Only a very limited amount of printed programmes will be available on the day. Please download and print your programme and take it with you. The meet results will also be available on meet mobile.
PARENT HELPERS LIST
Parents, this is our biggest meet of the year and we need your help! Please check the attached list to see if you have been allocated a job. If you are unable to support as requested please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note SCR next to your time unfortunately means you have been rejected for that event. As expected we had to make significant scratches from the long distance events but fortunately just minimal scratches from the other events.
We have had queries about times being accepted for SE Regionals. It is fully our intention that this meet is a regional qualifier and we will be submitting times for our own swimmers from this meet. The regional team have very kindly extended the window to accommodate meets from Easter for this purpose.
Obviously we will do everything in our own control to ensure that they are loaded to British Swimming in the timeframe. We will ensure that the results from the meet are sent to rankings immediately after the meet and mark them as urgent so rankings are aware that the results are needed for the regional qualifier. We will also ensure that there is someone available to resolve any queries from results quickly to stop them being held up in the system due to errors. We do need clubs to ensure that the ASA numbers, DOB and names of swimmers are exactly per rankings please to assist the process. Thank you.
The times for the sessions are
Thursday 18th April Session 1 – Warm up 16:00 Start 17:00 (16:00 to 16:25 w/u for mixed 1500 and 16:25 to 16:50 w/u for mixed 800) If on the night session 1 is scheduled to exceed 3hours there will be a 10-15min break between the 1500m & 800m
In sessions 1-7 there will be 15-20 minute break to complete the paperwork for the finals
Payments to be made by cheque payable to PNSC to PN Office, Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth, PO2 9QA
or by BACS to PNSC
Sort code 30-99-20
(please use reference Easter+name)
1. The competition is an open meet and will be swum under Swim England Technical Rules. The promoter is Portsmouth Northsea Swimming Club.
2. Venue: The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
3. Pool: 8 Lane 50 metre pool, with electronic timing and anti-turbulence lane ropes. Electronic timing will be in use. Swimmers must not leave the pool by climbing over the time pads. At the referees discretion we reserve the right to use over the top starts
4. The competition will be open to age groups 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 & 17 +. Ages will be at midnight Sunday 21st April 2019. 10 year old swimmers are not eligible to enter the 400s, 800s or 1500
5. The 800m & 1500m will be swum as mixed but separate female & male results will be published. Swimmers can only enter 1 long distance event (800m or 1500m) in session 1.
6. Qualifying Standards: Lower qualifying times apply and all entry times should be converted to Long Course times. Times must be available on British rankings and achieved in a level 1-4 meet. For foreign visiting team entry times must be verifiable. Entries without entry times will be refused. No poolside entries will be accepted.
7. Entries should preferably be made electronically by downloading the Hy-Tek file which will be made available from the PNSC website – www.pnsc2.co.uk . The completed files, along with completed entry summaries, report and fee entry and any other queries should be emailed to email@example.com. Late entries may be considered if the meet is not full. Clubs and individual entries are requested to send one cheque with club/individual details on the back and made out to PNSC. BACs details can be made available on request. All paper entries and paperwork must be sent to:
Meet Secretary, PNSC Office, Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
A contact email must be supplied.
Open Date for Entries: 1800 on Friday 15th February 2019
Closing Date: 1800 hours on Friday 8th March 2019
Entry Fee: The entry fee is £6 for all 50s, 100s & 200s
£8 for 400s and £12 for 800m & 1500m.
All club paper entries will incur a £10 administration fee and Individual paper entries will be charged an administration fee of 50p per event.
8. Data Protection: Entries will be held on a computer solely for the purposes of this competition. Consent, as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the holding of personal information on computer will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry. This data will be held at least 1 year. Data and results will be shared with the British swimming for rankings and the competitors own swimming clubs. Results will be posted at the pool & on the website.
9. Once accepted entries have been posted on the PNSC website, it will be the responsibility of the club/Individual representative to check entries, inform all swimmers of their entries and notify the meet secretary immediately of any errors. Once entry times have been accepted no changes will be made unless with agreement of the meet secretary.
10. This meet will operate without entry cards. Withdrawals can be made up until 1400 via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on Thursday 18th April. After this time withdrawals must be made on the official withdrawal forms which can be found in the coaches’ packs and technical office. Coaches must submit withdrawal forms for any swimmers not competing to the meet computer room 40 minutes before the start of each session. This notification will help to minimize heats with empty lanes. PNSC reserve the right to implement a fine of £5 per event if withdrawals are not reported. There will be no refund of entry fees to swimmers who withdraw from event, unless the withdrawal is for medical reasons and a doctor’s certificate is supplied. Refunds will be made where a swimmer is rejected from the meet due to it being over-subscribed.
11. Rejections will be made when the volume of entries exceeds the time allowed under ASA rules for competitive meets and in line with the following criteria:
• Entry times not able to be verified on British Rankings or foreign rankings
• Entry times not meeting the qualifying standards
• Based on submitted entry times but ensuring an equal balance of swimmers across the age groups
• The promoters reserve the right to give preference to accepting clubs entries when swimmers are travelling from overseas and pre book accommodation and flights. All swimmers must have achieved the minimal qualifying standards. This rule does not apply to the long distance (800m & 1500m)
12. Competitors must report to the Competitor Stewards when they are called. Any competitor not reporting in time may be excluded.
13. Coach’s packs are available for £20 for the day or £35 for both days. They include a program, start sheets, lunch and refreshments. If a club has 10 or more swimmers entered, it is recommended that there is one pass per 10 swimmers.
14. Only swimmers and coaches with passes will be allowed on poolside. Poolside coaches need to be ASA registered and hold a valid DBS check. Chaperone passes are available to attendants of disabled swimmers for access to the changing rooms. If parents of swimmers attending the meet as individuals (not with a club) wish to be poolside they must pay for a coach’s pass. Parents & chaperones must have a valid ASA registration number. Coaches passes are available for £55 for 4 days, £20 for a full day and £10 for Thursday.
• All 400m, 800m and 1500m events will be swum as heat declared winner.
• There will be finals for 14 and under and 15 and over for the 50m, 100m & 200m events will take place at the end of each session.
• We will award the Top 3 in each event for each age group they will receive a medal which can be collected from the Medal Collection Table. Separate medals will be awarded to the top 3 in each final. Please collect all medals during the course of the Meet
• Heat results will not be announced but results of each event and details of winners will be posted around the pool and meet mobile as soon as they are available. Please collect all medals during the course of the Meet.
• There will be an award for the Top Visiting Club, Top Girl & Top Boy
16. All meet participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at the Mountbatten Centre and must have footwear when leaving the poolside. Swimmers must be fully clothed on the balcony. Due to limited spectator seating we kindly request that seats are used for spectators only.
17. Due to limited space poolside we kindly request that swimmers only bring small bags poolside and use the lockers provided. Chairs should only be brought on poolside for coaches’ use only.
18. There will be a charge to enter the building past the reception area. Programs will be extra.
19. All clubs submitting entries are requested to assist in the running of the meet by supplying details of any licensed or trainee officials who are willing to assist at this gala. Please see form attached. Any meet that does not have the number of officials required by the licensing board run the risk of it being downgraded.
20. A warm down facility will be provided for swimmers to use directly after their event for a limited time only. This facility will be withdrawn if it is abused so coaches’ co-operation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
21. Any point not covered in these rules is at the discretion of the organizers. In extenuating circumstances and due to situations out of the clubs control during the competition the promoter reserves the right to make changes to the running of the meet.