PNSC Christmas Last Chance Qualifier 2018
15th & 16th December 2018
Long Course Level 3
FIRST COME FIRST SERVED MEET
CLOSED FOR ENTRIES
* FREE PROGRAMME DOWNLOAD HERE *
PARENT HELPERS LIST
As always please ensure you let us know if you are unable to help! You MUST email email@example.com if you cannot support in the role you’ve been allocated. Thank you
Any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December 2018
CONFIRMED SESSION TIMES
Session 1- Sat 15th Dec – W/U 11:00 to 11:50 Start 12:00
Session 2- Sat 15th Dec – W/U 16:00 to 16:50 Start 17:00
Session 3- Sun 16th Dec- W/U 08:30 to 09:20 Start 09:30
Session 4 – Sun 16th Dec- W/U 13:00 to 13:50 Start 14:00
Withdrawals- So that we don’t run the meet with empty lanes could swimmers who wish to withdraw please contact us on email@example.com or contact their team managers or coaches
Health & safety - All meet participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at the Mountbatten Centre. Swimmers must wear footwear when leaving the poolside and be fully clothed on the balcony and in the café
Warm down pool –The learner pool will be available for warm down during the meet. We request that the coaches help ensure that this is used appropriately or it may be withdrawn.
Poolside Access - In line with the Swim England safeguarding regulations only coaches with poolside passes, officials & designated meet helpers are allowed on poolside or in the changing rooms. Can we request that all parents wait for their swimmers in the café or entrance foyer.
Bags- It will be very crowded on poolside so we request that swimmers only bring small bags onto poolside and use the lockers in the changing rooms. Please do not place bags on the air vents
Backstroke ledges will be available for the start of backstroke races. We understand many swimmers will be unfamiliar with these so the time keepers will check if each swimmer wishes to use them. Please advise your swimmers to let the time keeper know if they don’t wish to use the ledges.
Programmes are available from the PN website, on meet mobile or there will be a limited number of paper programmes at the entrance
- Promoters Conditions PNSC Christmas Meet 2018
- Qualifying Times PNSC Christmas Meet 2018
- Programme of Events PNSC Christmas Meet 2018
- Club Summary Sheet PNSC Christmas Meet 2018
- Visiting Swimmers Entry Form PNSC Christmas Meet 2018
- PNSC Officials Request for Christmas Meet 2018
- HYTEK FILE
- PNSC SWIMMERS ONLY – ENTRY FORM
Portsmouth Northsea Christmas Meet 2018
Long Course Level 3 Meet
Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th December 2018
LICENCE NO 3SE182213
1) The competition is an open and will be swum under ASA Laws and ASA Technical Rules. The promoter is Portsmouth Northsea Swimming Club.
2) Venue: The Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
3) Pool: 8 Lane 50 metre pool, with electronic timing and anti-turbulence lane ropes. Electronic timing will be in use. Swimmers must not leave the pool by climbing over the time pads. At the referees discretion we reserve the right to use over the top starts
4) The competition will be open to age groups 9/10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15+. Ages will be at midnight Sunday 16th December 2018.
5) Qualifying Standards: Upper qualifying times only will apply. All swimmers who are slower or have no times are eligible to enter. The promoters reserve the right to exclude any swimmer from an event if it is found they have a faster time on the ASA Rankings, since 1st January 2018. If space is available time trials may be accepted at the promotor’s discretion.
6) This is a first come, first served meet. The promoter reserves the right to limit entries if the meet is over subscribed.
7) Entries should preferably be made electronically by downloading the Hy-Tek file which will be made available from the PNSC website – www.pnsc2.co.uk . The completed files, along with completed entry summaries, report and fee entry and any other queries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late entries may be considered if the meet is not full. Clubs and individual entries are requested to send one cheque with club/individual details on the back and made out to PNSC. BACs details can be made available on request. All paper entries and paperwork must be sent to:
Meet Secretary, PNSC Office, Mountbatten Centre, Alexandra Park, Portsmouth PO2 9QA
A contact email must be supplied.
Open Date for Entries: 1800 Wednesday 7th November 2018.
Closing Date: 1800 hours Friday 23rd November2018
8) Entry Fee: The entry fee is £6 for all 50s, 100s & 200s and £8 for 400s. All club paper entries will incur a £10 administration fee and Individual paper entries will be charged an administration fee of 50p per event.
9) Data Protection: Entries will be held on a computer solely for the purposes of this competition. Consent, as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the holding of personal information on computer will be deemed to have been given by the submission of the entry. This data will be held at least 1 year. Data and results will be shared with the British swimming for rankings and the competitors own swimming clubs. Results will be posted at the pool & on the website.
10) Once accepted entries have been posted on the PNSC website, it will be the responsibility of the club/Individual representative to check entries, inform all swimmers of their entries and notify the meet secretary immediately of any errors. Once entry times have been accepted no changes will be made unless with agreement of the meet secretary.
11) This meet will operate without entry cards. Withdrawals can be made up until 1800 via email sent to email@example.com on Friday 14th December. After this time withdrawals must be made on the official withdrawal forms which can be found in the coaches’ packs and technical office. Coaches must submit withdrawal forms for any swimmers not competing to the meet computer room 40 minutes before the start of each session. This notification will help to minimize heats with empty lanes. PNSC reserve the right to implement a fine of £5 per event if withdrawals are not reported. There will be no refund of entry fees to swimmers who withdraw from event, unless the withdrawal is for medical reasons and a doctor’s note is supplied. Refunds will be made where a swimmer is rejected from the meet due to it being over-subscribed.
12) Rejections will be made when the volume of entries exceeds the time allowed under ASA rules for competitive meets and in line with the following criteria:
• Entry times not meeting the qualifying standards
• Reducing the number of heats to comply with session timing using the first come first serve criteria
13) Competitors must report to the Competitor Stewards when they are called. Any competitor not reporting in time may be excluded.
14) Coach’s packs are available for £20 for the day or £35 for both days. They include a program, start sheets, lunch and refreshments. If a club has 10 or more swimmers entered, it is recommended that there is one pass per 10 swimmers.
15) Only swimmers and coaches with passes will be allowed on poolside. Poolside coaches need to be ASA registered and hold a valid DBS check. If parents of swimmers attending the meet as individuals (not with a club) wish to be poolside they must pay for a coach’s pass of £20 for the day or £35 for both days. They must also have a valid ASA registration number & DBS check. Chaperone passes are available to aid disability swimmers in the changing rooms. However if swimmers require assistance on poolside a poolside coaches pass will have to be purchased
16) Awards will be made to the top 3 in each event on a heat declared basis. Medals can be collected from the medal table. Heat results will not be announced but results of each event and details of winners will be posted around the pool and on meet mobile as soon as they are available.
17) All meet participants must observe the safety precautions in operation at the Mountbatten Centre and must have footwear when leaving the poolside. Swimmers must be fully clothed on the balcony. Due to limited spectator seating we kindly request that seats are used for spectators only.
18) Due to limited space poolside we kindly request that swimmers only bring small bags poolside and use the lockers provided. Chairs should only be brought on poolside for coaches’ use only.
19) There will be a charge to enter the building past the reception area. Programs will be extra.
20) All clubs submitting entries are requested to assist in the running of the meet by supplying details of any licensed or trainee officials who are willing to assist at this gala. Please see form attached. Any meet that does not have the number of officials required by the licensing board run the risk of it being downgraded.
21) A warm down facility will be provided for swimmers to use directly after their event for a limited time only. This facility will be withdrawn if it is abused so coaches’ co-operation in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
22) Any point not covered in these rules is at the discretion of the organizers. In extenuating circumstances and due to situations out of the clubs control during the competition the promoter reserves the right to make changes to the running of the meet.